Due to ongoing business growth, LandScope Engineering have a vacancy for a Hydrographic Surveyor with a keen interest and experience in wider geospatial and geophysical technologies.
Our projects generally focus on inshore, nearshore and ports / harbours and tend to be measured in days rather than weeks or months. The position would ideally suit a surveyor looking to transition from offshore deployment or a recent graduate looking to develop a diverse survey knowledge and experience.
Reporting to our Senior Hydrographic Surveyor, the position offers tremendous variety and the opportunity to participate fully in survey design, execution and delivery. Our solutions typically integrate:
- Multibeam sonar bathymetry and backscatter using Norbit and R2Sonic systems
- 3D scanning multibeam sonar (Teledyne Blueview) and sidescan sonar
- various survey craft from Cheetah Marine Catamaran to portable MBES USV
- Applanix, BeamWorx and HyPack acquisition and processing software
- mobile and terrestrial laser scanning (Leica P2u, Trimble and Norbit)
- marine geophysical sensors, including sub-bottom profiling and magnetometry
- inspection class ROV
- UAV / drone
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and an innovative approach to underwater survey, mapping and inspection and will have the opportunity to participate in the technical development of the business through workflow development, R&D and CAPEX planning.
The position is based in Picklescott, Shropshire, a small village on the northern flank of the Longmynd range, offering spectacular countryside for the outdoor enthusiast. The historic market town of Shrewsbury is within 10 miles and offers an unspoilt cultural centre and would suit a candidate looking for a hydrographic survey role that doesn’t require long deployments away from home.
Candidates will be degree / higher degree level qualified in hydrographic survey, marine geophysics or another associated geoscience discipline. Demonstration of an exceptionally strong analytical skill set is a fundamental qualification, with proven experience or potential in software code development considered a key advantage. A working knowledge of coordinate systems, GIS and CAD delivery platforms is also a pre-requisite.
The successful candidate would subscribe to an agreed CPD pathway – developing skills in technical solutions and development, project management, account management and team leadership. Strong performance and willingness will facilitate rapid and diverse career development.
A full UK driving licence will be required.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience and proven achievement.
The LandScope benefits package is generous and includes for:
- A relocation allowance
- A generous pension scheme
- Participation in company EMI (employee ownership) options scheme – generally after 12 months
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Use of a company vehicle (for company travel)
- Fieldwork and travel allowances
- Free access to the company camper van
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gymnasium
LandScope is committed to providing an equal opportunity environment where people are treated in a fair and consistent way, promoting a culture of respect and dignity, and actively challenging discrimination should it ever arise. Further details can be found in our Equal Opportunities Policy and Modern Slavery Policy.